Friday, February 8, 2008

In Memory of Mee Udang

Cant believe the Chinese New Year holidays are almost over! As usual, I went to visit my grandparents at Kulim, and now Im stopping by at Ipoh. I got to skip school on Tuesday to go balik kampung and it was too bad i didnt get to see those Japanese students who visited our school! Oh maannn!! Aveena told me some of the Jap guys were pretty good looking and when I mean PRETTY good looking Im saying that thier practically girly looking.. well thats whay my friend told be and honestly Im not that surprised. Its not that their born girly, they made themselves that way...hey, thats fashion and beauty for you, Japanese stlye..
Anyway, I wanted to have lunch at this Malay kampung house that sells the best mee udang Ive ever eaten. Sadly, the owner told us that he stopped selling the dish as the price of fresh prawns has increased to the extent that their usual customers couldnt afford it. To them RM 5 for a bowl of noodles is pretty expensive. It might be cheap for a city person but it aint cheap for them..
I am totally dissapointed! Now Im never gonna experience what I believe is a bowl of noodles to die for!
I went to Penang to visit my cousins and relatives and we stopped by at Queansbay Mall to have lunch. We had Sushi King and tried out their Yee Sang. I thought it was pretty good but my mum beg to differ. I then stopped by some shops and ended up buying a jacket blouse that was on sale.
Despite the fact that I didnt get to eat that yum mee udang, my aunt gave me some of her homemade kuih bang kek to eat at home. Let me tell you, her kuih bang keks are absolutely fantastic! The special thing about her paistry is that it has an undescribable texture in its center, almost crunchy yet soft, what a contrast!
I cant wait to get back home to finish all the homework that has been piling up ever since I went on holiday. All in all, CNY was pretty nice and i cant wait to count the money Ive recieved from my relatives, hehe....

No comments: