Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Lesson Learned from Ugly Betty

Last week, I watched this episode of Ugly Betty and the message of the show really got to me. Betty, the four eyed, braces wearing, geeky looking girl is kinda the innocent girl in her work place. The people around her are... well,...drunkards, sex addicts, meanies, gays and basically any other person you can find on the face of the earth, all in one work place. Although, Betty doesn't agree with Daniel's (her boss) actions of sleeping with women frequently, she doesn't look down on him nor treat him differently. On the contrary, she treats him as a friend and a human being. And this is something that I find hard to instill in myself. When i don't agree with a person's actions, for example.. dressing up as if a girl was about to hit the hooker club or smoking, I tend to stay away from them to kinda protect myself from temptation. But in Matthew 9:12, Christ said, "Those who are well have no need of a physician, but those who are sick."
Instead of condemning people because of their actions that I don't agree on, I should well, maybe be an example to others, and in order to do that, I guess I have to be more open and understanding. Which for me, is a hard thing to do.

No comments: